Estimated time to complete: 3 hours, 45 minutes
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act & Regulation B (60 min.)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act & Regulation V (100 min.)
- Federal Trade Commission Act Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (35 min.)
- Dodd Frank Act Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Acts and Practices (30 min.)
- Two case studies dealing with situations an underwriter could face with 15-20 questions relating to the laws applicability to the cases
Phase 1 must be completed before registering for Phase 2
Part I: Initial Quiz
- Core Content for the Underwriter Compliance Certificate program includes: ECOA; FCRA; FTC Act and UDAAP.
Part II: Review of Core Content (based on Initial Quiz results):
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act & Regulation B
- Fair Credit Reporting Act & Regulation V
- Federal Trade Commission Act Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices UDAAP
- Dodd Frank Act Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Acts and Practices
Part III: Highlights of Key Core Content
- Highlights the most important topics in the Core Content.
- May include references to new enforcement actions or developments.
Part IV: Why it Matters
- Discusses penalties for noncompliance.
- May include references to enforcement actions by the CFPB.
Part V: Final Quiz