The National Automotive Finance Association is the only trade association exclusively serving the non-prime auto financing industry. Organized in the Fall of 1996, the NAF Association supports its members and the industry with programs and education. Among the association’s accomplishments to date are:
- The Annual Non-Prime Auto Financing Conference
- Annual Non-Prime Automotive Financing Survey, providing the industry’s only measurements of growth and changes
- Creation and publication of standards of financial reporting
- Development of a code of responsibility for the industry
- Policy statements (See statement on voluntary standards)
- Regional workshops
The National Automotive Finance Association will lead the way in building a forum of transparency and trust for all industry stakeholders: lenders, dealers, suppliers, shareholders and regulators. We will set the standard in cooperation and collaboration that results in an industry that produces transparent and fair finance solutions that inspire consumers to purchase automobiles.
The National Automotive Finance Association believes that every consumer with the desire and means to purchase a vehicle should have fair, responsible and reasonable access to automotive financing. We believe that a healthy and sustainable non-prime automotive marketplace is driven by ethical and responsible practices. The National Automotive Finance Association is the advocate and the voice for these practices.